Position: Digital Producer
Salary: (expenses only)
Job Reference: v4g-0010
Who we are
Vision 4 Growth is a newly registered charity, based in East England. Much of the administration is conducted by volunteers based in Hertfordshire. Vision 4 Growth was originally created as a CIC (Community Interest Company) as a not for profit organisation, in 2013 by Fiona Musgrove and Alex Wheen. Its aim was to raise awareness of visual impairment and provide Visually Impaired (VI) tennis sessions for people affected by blindness and sight loss. Vision 4 Growth Limited became a registered charity in August 2016 and is governed by a Board of Trustees. Vision4Growth actively recruits and works with volunteers who support their aims and provide help in a number of ways.
One of our flagship projects is Speed of Sound, a UK-based disability sports radio show broadcasting weekly on the global Disability Sports Network. Our mission is to provide year-round coverage of any developments affecting participation in disability sport at both the grassroots and elite levels. For a flavor of our shows, please check out this link:
You will join a vibrant, entrepreneurial team and, from the start, will be innovating how to tell stories in the space of disability sport. This is a time of exciting growth in our team as we try to engage new audiences and extend the variety of content reported.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage Speed of Sound's social media presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Create social media content to promote and generate discussion about upcoming shows and the featured guests / topics
- Send out tweets during air time, containing highlights from the show’s content and questions to stimulate comments from followers
- Follow and share disability sports news, in addition to content from previous and upcoming guests
- Ensure that the podcasts of each episode are circulated to the featured guests and released on social media within 3 days of broadcast
- Write weekly web copy for the Speed of Sound page on vision4growth.org.uk, namely a post marketing each week’s podcast and providing links to follow each featured guest or topic
- Explore other social media channels that Speed of Sound could use to extend reach of our content
- Contribute ad hoc to programme content ideas and booking / researching guests for the live shows
- Keep rest of the team regularly informed through adding to the Speed of Sound show schedule and contacts sheet, as well as communication through email, Facebook or any other appropriate means.
- A minimum of 2 hours a week and no more then 10 hours
- These hours are flexible
For further details and an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving your name, and email or postal address. No CVs, (no agencies please).
Closing date: Ongoing
Interviews: Will be held 1 week from receipt of completed application form.