Salary: (expenses only)
Job Reference: v4g-0011
Who we are
Vision 4 Growth is a registered charity, based in East England. Much of the administration is
conducted by volunteers based in Hertfordshire. Vision 4 Growth was originally created as a
CIC (Commm unity Interest Company) as a not for profit organisation ,in 2013 by Fiona
Musgrove and Alex Wheen. Its aim was to raise awareness of visual impairment and provide
Visually Impaired (VI) tennis sessions for people affected by blindness and sight loss. Vision
4 Growth Limited became a registered charity in August 2016 and is governed by a Board of
Trustees. Vision4Growth actively recruits and works with volunteers who support their aims
and provide help in a number of ways.
One of our flagship projects is Speed of Sound, a UK-based disability sports radio show
broadcasting weekly on the global Disability Sports Network. Our mission is to provide year-
round coverage of any developments affecting participation in disability sport at both the
grassroots and elite levels. For a flavor of our shows, please check out this link:
http://www.vision4growth.org.uk/projects-2/projects/disability- sports-network/. You will join a
vibrant, entrepreneurial team and, from the start, will be innovating how to tell stories in the
space of disability sport. This is a time of exciting growth in our team as we try to engage new
audiences and extend the variety of content reported.
Role and Responsibilities
- Gather and research appropriate news stories for coverage
- Create audio reports, which can be one-person or panel interviews (15 minutes max);
coverage of live events (15 minutes max); or longer packages on select topics (20
- Contact relevant guests and arrange recordings for live events, interviews, and packages
- Conduct and record interviews via phone, Skype or face-to- face
- Record audio coverage of live events
- Cut and edit all audio recordings and submit for producer’s attention at least 3 days before broadcast
- Assist presenters with booking / researching guests for the live show when necessary
- Keep rest of the team regularly informed through adding to the Speed of Sound show schedule and contacts sheet, as well as communication through email, Facebook or any other appropriate means.
- Passion for radio and journalism
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in sport would be a bonus but not essential
- Previous experience / knowledge of disability or disability sport would be beneficial but not essential.
- A minimum of 2 hours a week and no more then 10 hours
- These hours are flexible
For further details and an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving your name, and email or postal address. No CVs, (no agencies please).
Closing date: Ongoing
Interviews: Will be held 1 week from receipt of completed application form.